Error: Sorry, Your request could not be processed 28: Network Communication Problem
Note: This issue applies to DocuShare 4.x, 5.x and 6.x
The error that will be displayed when trying to delete a Routing Template from the Workflow Manager is “Sorry, Your request could not be processed 28: Network Communication Problem”.
This will happen when you create a “Saved Routing Slip” as a Private Routing Slip and then associate that slip with a Collection (ie. Choose the Route before Publish option and choose that Saved Routing Slip) and then upload a Document to the collection and trigger the auto-routing. Once this action has been done you will no longer be able to delete that Saved Routing Slip unless you also delete all the associated tasks such as completed workflows.
- Create a saved (private) routing task
Note: You must select the save as private checkbox, otherwise it will not be listed in the slips available to be used with the Route before Publish option)
- Display the properties of a DocuShare Collection
- Click the Edit link
- Select your Saved Routing Slip
- Click the Route before Publishing: option
- Click the Apply button
- Add a new Document to the Collection you just selected the Route Before Publish option on.
- Complete your routing task (by approving the document)
- Log in to DocuShare as admin | Admin Home | Services and Components | Workflow | Workflow manager | List Workfows
- Select Active, Completed, and Template checkboxes
- Click Refresh, your saved routing task should now be displayed with a .template filename and all the DSArchivedWorkflow associated with that task should also be listed.
- You will not be able to delete the .template (saved routing task) until the Archived Workflow History associated with that task have been deleted.
Remove all Archived Workflow History associated with that task then delete the .template (saved routing task)
Fixing this is going to require major code changes/fixes engineering because of that we will not be able to get a fix into 6.5. A fix will have to wait for 7.0.
SPAR 52508: Unable to Delete "Private" Routing Slip